Saturday, April 2, 2011

Jitterbuggin's Spring Fling Challenge





If you are looking for the WHIMSICAL WEDNESDAY BLOG HOP please see the post below.


Hello everyone! Here is the card that I did for Jitterbuggin's challenge. There is a special fun challenge there this week and the winner will receive a Cricut Lite cart of their choice! It's called the Spring Fling Challenge and when the challenge is over people get to vote on their favorite 3 cards. So if you like my card I would love for you to vote for me between April 16 and April 19.

Now on to my card! The challenge is to follow the sketch, make an Easter card, and use a cricut cut somewhere on your card. I cut the chicks from Once Upon A Princess at 1 inch. The eggs were cut from Simply Charmed also at 1 inch. I cut 2 extra eggs and trimmed them down for the pieces on their heads. The "Easter" was cut from Robots and I hand drew in the designs for each letter and then colored them in with colored pencils. I also went around all the cuts with a black pen and pop dotted the chicks. To finish the card I stamped the "hoppy" with a Scrappy Mom Stamp and put a ribbon on it. I am also going to enter this into Creative Cutter Room's Spring challenge. I hope you all like my card and thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Pat N. said...

That's so adorable - great job!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So cute! great Easter colors!

Adrian said...

Just 2 cute!

Cathy said...

I love this card. Soooooo cute. I love the little chicks and the colors you used are perfect. The sentiment has wonderful colors. Great job.

Tisha said...

very cute! I would have thought the letters were from Lettering delights or computer font!

Tisha
http://tishascraftcove.blogspot.com

Cathie Rigby said...

This is so super adorable! Love it-TFS it in the Creative Cutter Room-Cathie

Sherri said...

Those little chicks are soooo cute!!! Nice outlines! The stripes are great on here too!

Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!

Kate said...

This is such an adorable card!! Great job!