Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WW April Showers Challenge



Hello everyone! Here is my DT project for Whimsical Wednesday's challenge this week. The theme of this weeks challenge is April Showers Bring May Flowers. You are to use one of the following elements in your project: umbrella, rain boots, rain drops, or flowers.

My entire card was done with Create A Critter, one of my all time favorite carts! I cut the chick at 3 inches and stamped the face with a Peachy Keen face stamp. The feet were actually cut from the duck and I glued them over the original feet. The umbrella was also cut at 3 inches. The pond was cut at 1.5 inches and the flowers and grass were cut at 2 inches and .75 inches. I highlighted all of the cuts with my black and white pens and pop dotted the umbrella and grass. I printed the sentiment off my computer, made a tag and tied it to the ribbon on top of the card. To finish I added Glossy Accents to the pond water and droplets to the umbrella and background so it looks like rain drops. I hope you all enjoyed seeing my card and I can't wait to see what you will create! Have fun!

I am also going to enter this into Fantabulous Cricuts Spring Fling Cricut Crawl.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute!!!! I love Create a Critter and I always seem to go back to that cartridge. Guess I'm getting my money's worth :D

Cindy Beland said...

Hi GiGi Your card is soo sweet!The chick is Adorable and all the details are SUPER Amazing! Have a nice day!! :)

*Star said...

Super cute card! I love all the doodling you did and the adding of the glossy accents is so great, it really does make it look like rain. :) Tfs and have a great day.

Roberta Guditis said...

Adorable! I love that little face! I love everything about your card! What a great team! :)

Kim H said...

Gigi ~ so flipping ADORABLE! I love that you used only one cartridge! Love how soft your cards look all the time! Love the glossy accents! Love the papers and ALL the details! Love your background paper and how you and used glossy accents to make them look like rain drops! VERY clever! Great job!

Lisa Norris said...

This is just so precious! :o) It makes me smile!

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Such a cute cute card. Love the little chick and her face. Great colors too. Love the way you put the glossy accents all over to make it look like rain. The little flowers are sweet. Great job with this challenge. You rock!

Sherrie K. said...

That chick is so cute, her face is adorable! Great job. Good luck in the challenge!
Sherrie K

Unknown said...

So sweet! All those polka dots area really fab :)

jessica said...

Gigi...such a cute card! I LOVE this cart too. All the extra elements are perfect

The Archiving Angel said...

What a "tweet" card full of wonderful details like the rain drops, how you popped up the grass, the pond & who can forget that adorable chick. Lovely job.
Crafty best wishes,
Sonia

girlia said...

Once again Gigi this is adorable

Charlotte said...

GiGi, Your card is just a cute as can be. I love the little chick with that sweet little happy face. The details of your card are fabulous!!

Charlotte

DonnaMundinger said...

So seriously adorable! Love your detailed doodling. this is just precious! xxD

My Lil' Bits said...

Such a sweet card!! Love the outlining! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB!
Lisa C

shelly said...

this is sooo sweet :) create a critter is my favorite cart!

CraftyJAR said...

That is so cute! Love it.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Adorable!

Helen said...

This is so adorable!!

Crafting Misfit said...

Totally adorable! I would love to see a project from you in my blog hop!!! It is all about trying something new! Come check it out :) http://craftingmisfit.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-hop-new-season-new-skill.html

Anonymous said...

How cute is that little chickie with the umbrella!!! I so loved it. TFS!

Jennie Garcia said...

Your chikie is incredibly cute!! I love your cuts and details!! Love it!!
Thanks So Much for Playing With Us @ FCCB!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/