Thursday, September 15, 2011

Falling Leaves



IF YOU"RE LOOKING FOR THE WHIMSICAL WEDNESDAY POST, PLEASE SEE POST BELOW!
Hello everyone! I have a card today that I made for several challenges. I had so much fun making this card and I love how it turned out.
I cut the tree from Live Simply at 3 inches. I inked the edges and did some highlighting on the owl with a black pen. The leaves are from a punch and I also inked the edges on them too. For the bottom I just tore a piece of paper, inked the edges, and added more leaves. The tag I cut by hand and stamped it with a stamp from My Craft Spots Happy Fall set. I inked the edges, added a leaf to it, and tied it on with Deep Rust colored crinkle ribbon from Prairie Bird Boutique.
I am going to enter this into the following challenges:
More Than Favors CCCC- Use Live Simply
Scrappy Mom's Terrific Tuesday- Use Country Life or similar cut. I saw a similar tree on that cartridge.
My Craft Spots Monday Challenge- Happy Harvest
Thanks for looking and have a great day!

16 comments:

Gwen said...

This card is great! It reminds me of Vermont.

Adrian said...

very cute!

Angela said...

Very cute card! I love the ribbon and the sentiment! I will have to check those places out!
Hugs,
Angela
hppt://angelascrafty.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Super cute Gigi! Love the ribbon and the colors.

Pat N. said...

I really like your card, Gigi! So pretty with the fall colors. Love it!--Pat N.

Shelly said...

Really Cute! Love the ribbon and that cute little owl!
Shelly

Kathy Salido said...

Love your card GiGi. The colors are so pretty and I love the little owl peeking out from the tree!
Kathy
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Joy said...

How cute !! Love the lil owl in the tree ! Thanks for playing along this week, at My Craft Spot !
Joy

Sherrie K. said...

I really like your card. I love all the fall colors and that cute little owl peeking out of the tree. TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Esther said...

So cute!!! The owl is adorable and love the sentiment!

Unknown said...

This is totally adorable :)

Georgiana said...

Oooh, I love that ribbon! Your card is amazing! Great card for first day of Autumn.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Kate said...

This is such a wonderful card! The colours and inking are just perfect - and the ribbon is gorgeous! And, of course I love all those maples leaves too!!
Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Amy C said...

Awesome card!! I love the little own peeking out of the hole in the tree. Thanks for linking up with us this week at My Craft Spot!!

Hugs,
Amy
Scrapping Mommy

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Gigi,WOW your card is AMAZING with all the details and pretty fall colors!JUST BEAUTIFUL,GORGEOUS job as always my friend!!:)

Saundra said...

Great job! I love the fall colors! Thanks for joining us at SMS!