Monday, November 7, 2011

Scraptastic Designs Challenge #1!


Hello everyone! It's FINALLY here! The first challenge at Scraptastic Designs! This week the challenge is to decorate a gift bag or box and it must include a tag, stitching, and a button with a Thanksgiving theme.
For my project I decorated a pre-made gable box that I got from Annie's Paper Boutique. I used Cindy's digi Little Pilgrim Boy and colored it with colored pencils. I added Glossy Accents to the turkey, the buckle on his hat, and his eyes. I cut him out and mounted him to a matted frame that I cut from Once Upon A Princess. I made a belly band for the front of the box and added a piece of paper for the top. I cut the leaf tag from Straight From The Nest and added a button with a twine bow. I attatched it to strips of crinkle ribbon that I tied to the handle of the box.
I hope you all liked my project and will check out what the rest of the amazing DT has made for your inspiration. I can't wait to see what you will create! Have a great day!

15 comments:

Glora said...

This box is TERRIFIC!!!! I absolutely LOVE it!!!! Amazing job! Hugs- Glora

Kate said...

This is so cute Gigi. Love your back and the way you colored Cindy's digi.

Hugs,
Kate

Amy said...

Adorable! I love your little box and fun pilgrim :)Amy

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Gigi,You did a Scraptastic job with your Thanksgiving project!I LOVE the box and the color combo,and your coloring is AMAZING!FANTASTIC job as always my friend!!:)

Jayne said...

Love your box Gigi and the colours you've used.Great colouring of the Little Pilgrim Boy and your leaf tag is fab.
Jayne x

joni said...

This is so amazing!!! I love your box and I love your lil Pilgrim guy...he's so cute...love the coloring and I just love all the little details you put into this!!!

Candy said...

Super cute! Love your little pilgrim.
Candy

*Star said...

Super cute! I love how you colored the little pilgrim. Also, the crinkle ribbon and polka dots are great. Tfs and have a great day. :)

Karen H said...

Gigi, this is exquisite! :o) The sweet little pilgrim is colored so beautifully and I love all the Glossy Accents you used! The ribbon is gorgeous and I love how you used a sweet leaf tag topped with a button! And is that chocolate truffle trendy twine?! ;) It is so lovely and versatile. Beautiful box, my friend!

Hugs and blessings!

Unknown said...

I am so loving those gable boxes! You do a great job decorating them too:) Your little pilgrim boy is so cute, great coloring. Hugs!

Shelly said...

Gigi, You did such a fab job with this image! Your coloring is superb!
Shelly

BuyAionAccount said...

Such a fabulous box! I adore how the handle has been designed.

Buy Aion Account

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, this is super cute Gigi!! I love your coloring-awesome job as always!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

shelly said...

hi gigi great box. i love polka dotted paper and browns/creams. cute leaf tag and the pilgrim boy image is adorable :) have a great weekend :)

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Love it.the color combo and image go perfect.tfs