Friday, December 2, 2011

Whimsical Designs Sneak Peek Day 2!

Hello everyone and welcome to day 2 of the Whimsical Designs Sneak Peek Week! In case you have not heard the news yet Stephanie of Whimsical Designs has a new line of stamps coming out. Today all of the Whimsical Designers will be giving you sneak peeks of the other 2 sets. The first 2 sets were shown yesterday. Tonight at 7:00pm EST is the stamp reveal blog hop. All stamps set's will be available for purchase on Stephanie's blog, in her new shop. Here is my project:
Blog Hop Changed to Tomorrow Morning



In order to give everyone more time to leave comments under the post for the two day stamp sneak peeks the blog hop will start tomorrow, December 3 at 7:00am EST. You have until 12:00am EST tonight to leave comments under all of the designers post for the sneak peeks from yesterday and today. All of the winners of the stamps will be announced, along with the winner of the entire stamp release, tomorrow morning on the Whimsical Designs Blog.



I made this gingerbread house gift box. I cut the box from Sweet Tooth Boxes at 8 inches. This included the cuts for the windows, door, sign, and roof. I added velum paper on the inside of the box to the windows and used a white gel pen to do the stripes on all the windows and the door. I cut strips of glitter white paper for the roof edges and a 12 inch strip for the snow at the bottom. The tree I made by cutting 3 equal triangles and folded them in half and glued them together to get the 3D tree. The sentiment on the sign and the candy canes were stamped from Whimsical Designs Snow Much Fun stamp set. I stamped the candy canes, colored them with copics and cut them out and glued them to the sides of the roof. The sign I cut out of black and also white to get the sign. I stamped the Candy Cane Lane and drew in the candy cane top and bottom and colored it with copics. I hope you like my project! I think is turned out so super cute!
BLOG CANDY TIME:

All of the designers will be giving away one stamp set for the sneak peek week. I am giving away Everyday Sentiments. In addition Stephanie is giving away the entire release to one person. That is a total of 11 prizes.
In order to be eligible for the prizes above you must leave a comment on all of the designers blogs on both sneak peek days.
Want Two Extra Chances to Win? Post about the two day Sneak Peek and the Stamp Release on

1. On Facebook -come back and leave a comment under the sneak peek post on Whimsical Designs saying that you did
2. On Your Blog-come back and leave a comment on Whimsical Designs saying that you did.

You will have until Friday December 2 at 12am EST to leave a comment on the blogs. All winners will be announced during the Stamp Release blog hop tomorrow at 7 am EST.
 Please head back to Whimsical Designs to check out what the rest of the amazing Desgin Team has created! Have a great day and see you back tomorrow morning for the Stamp Release Blog Hop!

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it GiGi! When I saw this house on the cart I was not impressed, your project totally changed my mind. I love how you used the candy canes. Of course I love the sentiment..what a great use of it:) Fabulous job!

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

This is Beautiful! I'm going to have to try this cut. Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

Carol<>< said...

Wow! this is awesome, I love the way cricut and stamps work so well together,
Carol N<><

Nanne said...

one word... OMG!!! LOL consider this little project scraplifted cause it is unbelievable.. I love love love it..
Hugs
Nanné

Sherrie K. said...

WOW!!! This is adorable. I need to try making one of these-love the details and the presentation is perfect! Nice job my friend!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
jskoning@msn.com

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Gigi,Oh my your project is AMAZING!I LOVE your idea and all the great details,FANTASTIC job with the sentiment and LOVE the candy canes.BEAUTIFUL job my friend!!:)

Jessica Buffa said...

Gigi, this is darling. I love the idea of using vellum for the windows and to add the stripes by hand...so sweet. Its beautiful!
:O)
Jessica

Becky Dunham said...

What a sweet house Gigi! Very clever to use kraft paper so it already looks like gingerbread - I never would have thought of that! Love the sign and the candy canes!

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

Lisa said...

so cute!!! wow your talent is truly shining! this house if wonderful! TFS

Lisa G
lkgra@hotmail.com
http://lisa-scrappingspot.blogspot.com/

Trisha said...

This is just a wonderful project. Love your house. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

Yoshiras time to craft said...

very cute.love the candy canes.tfs

Adrian said...

OMG!! U did a super job!

shelly said...

gigi this is sooo cute i definetly need to get that cartridge :) love that you used kraft paper to make the house gingerbread like and your extra add ons are really sweet. i like how you used the stamp too :) great job :)

craftymom205 said...

Love the house. It is so cute.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

girlia said...

too cute

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh GIGi! I'm in love with your house! Couldn't have been a better match for the stamp and your details are so stinkin' cute! xxD

Gwen said...

So adorable! I want one just like it!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is such a cutie house! Great details!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

GiGi, Wowzers girl...you are AWESOME!!! This is absolutely wonderful, all your details, I especially love the sign!!!
Puppy Hugs,
Wendy

Karen H said...

Oh my gosh! Gigi, we both made gingerbread houses out of Sweet Tooth Boxes this week?! That's hilarious! Great minds... ;) This is so adorable. I LOVE the candy cane theme throughout it, right down to that fabulous sentiment! Love the 3-D tree, too.. and love that it's polka dotted like ornaments. Beautiful work as always! :o)

Hugs and blessings!

joni said...

Really cute!!!! This is really darling!!! I love all the detail you put into it...the sign is so dang cute!!! TFS
hugs,
joni

Carol<>< said...

we are in the beauty of winters butterflies, lots and lots of them...
lovely card,
Carol N<><

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I love all the little extra details u added

*Star said...

This is so cool!! I love the colors and papers. Awesome job!! Tfs and have a great day. :)

Unknown said...

Love this. Hope this post works. Having trouble with Blog Hop my 1st