Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"Love Is In The Air" Whimsical Wednesday Challenge



Hello everyone! It's time for a new Whimsical Wednesday Challenge. This time the challenge is to create a Valentine's Day home decor, or any home decor project that has to do with LOVE.
I created this paper basket. It was kind of a pain to put togehter and quite time consuming but I like how it turned out. I found THIS pattern and used it to create my basket.
For the sides I made paper flowers using Flower Shoppe and added heart brads to the centers. For the front I added that super cute owl sticker that was from a set that I bought at Wal-Mart for .97 cents! I hand cut the tag and stamped it with a stamp from Whimsical Designs With Love stamp set and glued it behind the sticker. Don't you just LOVE that sentiment! To finish I added the handle which I punched with a Martha Stewart border punch. Here is a picture of the stamp set I used:
I hope you all will play along in the challenge and please don't forget to check out what the rest of the Design Team has made. Have a great day!

14 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

really pretty you should enter this in our challenge valentine decorations at decorate to celebrate. love it.

Beckie said...

Super-duper cute! Love it.

Be blessed, BEckie

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

mum of two said...

Gorgeous Gigi!! I love it :)I may have to steal this basket idea from you for Easter this year...

michelle

Gwen said...

Super cute!

Missy said...

Great little basket! I really like the decorative handle, too!

Cindy Beland said...

Oh my your basket is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!FANTASTIC job my friend, I LOVE it!Have a SUPER day!:)

Yoshiras time to craft said...

super cute.love the owls.thank you for the link to the basket.tfs

Karen H said...

What a gorgeous basket, GiGi! :o) The weaving is so beautiful, particularly with such soft and lovely colors. The sweet owls are precious and I love your heart-centered flowers. :o) Fantastic project idea and beautifully executed. :o)

Hugs and blessings!

joni said...

Oh my lord is this ever cute!!! It does look time consuming, but so worth it!!! Its really gorgeous!! And I can't believe you got that cute owl sticker from Wally World!!! Awesome job my friend!!! Its nice seeing you again!!!
hugs,
joni

Unknown said...

Your basket is so pretty GiGi! It looks like it did take a ton of time. It was totally worth it though..it makes for such a great decor, and conversation piece!

Orlie said...

This is really neat GiGi. I thing you did a real good job!!I love all you do.

shelly said...

wow gigi what an awesome basket! it does look time consuming but well worth the effort. cute owls :) have a super weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Kudos for sticking with it and getting that basket done, GiGi! It turned out fantastic! That sticker worked out perfectly. I think this would make a pretty little Easter basket as well!