Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Just Because Frog



Hello everyone! Here is a card that I made for several challenges. I am trying to get some time in my craft room before the weekend. After that I will be in a car....BLAH! My son has his registration for college and the drive is 7 1/2 HOURS! So unfortunately I will be stuck in a car for most of the weekend.
For my card I cut the frog and umbrella from the Paisley cart. I hid the butterfly for the umbrella and did a stitching line.  Do you see that UBER adorable paper I used? When I saw that paper which is from the Doodlebug Sugar and Spice pad, I knew I wanted to use it on the umbrella! Those little frogs are too cute! I stamped the face on the frog using Peachy Keen Critter faces for the eyes and Everyday Character Face Parts for the mouth. I omitted the heart on the belly and added a flower button instead.  To finish I added the ribbon and stamped the sentiment. I am going to enter this into the following challenges:
1. Celebrate The Occasion- Just Because and must use pink
2. Simply Crafts- Umbrella from Paisley
3. Paper Playtime- Umbrella
4. Fantabulous Cricut- Buttons and Bows

24 comments:

Melissa said...

This is so cute, love the colors!

Adrian said...

2 cute, thanks for playing @ CTO!

Jovan said...

ADORABLE card...love the papers!

Cindy Beland said...

WOW AWESOME job with your SUPER cute card!SO ADORABLE,I LOVE the frog and the pretty paper!Have a great evening my friend!:)

Simply Pam said...

I love this card! It is so adorable! :) I love the black stitching on the umbrella, really pops. Thanks for participating in the Simply Crafts challenge!

Pam

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, another awesome card Gigi! The froggy is super cute and I love the pastel colors you used and cute polka dot ribbon:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Super cute, GiGi! And, yes, that paper is absolutely adorable! Safe driving out there this weekend :)

Anonymous said...

that card is so cute

Nicole said...

Such a sweet card!! Love the paper.

Glora said...

WOW!!!! This is ADORABLE!!!! That frog paper is SO cute too! AMAZING job! This card is PERFECT!!!! Hugs- Glora

Anna Waarvik said...

Super cute card!

Cards and Crafts by Sheree said...

Precious precious card! I love that paper! I may have to scraplift this!
Sheree

Lori's Crafty Spot said...

Oh my gosh, I love frogs and this is too cute!

Lori's Crafty Spot said...

Oh my gosh, I love frogs and this is too cute!

Arcy Scraps said...

Your card is so cute! Those eyes are PERFECT on that frog! On your 7 1/2 hr drive take tons of pics for a scrapbook maybe? :) I'm sure it will fly by! thanks for joining us at fccb!
♥ Cyndy

Kim said...

Super cute card!
~Kim

Cathie Rigby said...

wow Gigi so super cute! Love the flower button in the center!! TFS Cathie
www.creativecutterroom.com

Sheila said...

Really cute! Great job!
FCCB DT

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Oh my goodness that is just too cute, I love those eyes and your little button is so sweet! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Just because (must use pink)" challenge :)

mum of two said...

So cute GiGi!! Safe travels :)

michelle

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What a fun, fun card! That sweet little frog is just too cute with those great eyes! Love the froggy paper you used on the umbrella...so cute!

Esther said...

So adorable Gigi!
Love the eyes and the cute button on his belly :0
Thanks for joining us this week at CTO!

CraftyJAR said...

Absolutely adorable! I love the soft spring colors. The Peachy Keen face is the perfect addition.
Judy

Glora said...

Hi Gigi, you won our Simply Crafts Challenge this month. Can you send me an e-mail with your mailing address so I can mail out your prize. Send it to: me(at)glorajean(dot)com

Hugs- Glora