Monday, July 23, 2012

Snowman Box




Hello everyone! It's time for a new challenge at My Craft Spot! This week the challenge is "Christmas In July". Create a card or box.
I was inspired by THIS adorable box from Lauren's Creative to create my box. It is a super simple project and who wouldn't love to get a present in this?!?! Everything is out of paper, including the bow. I made a simple box and made the bow using THIS tutorial. I cut my strips as follows: 5 strips at 1X6, and 5 strips at 1X5. I also punched holes in the ends and assembled mine with a brad instead of glue dots. I love to do non-traditional colors, they're so much fun! So I used my new Recollections Jolly Holiday paper pad that I bought at Michaels last week. YA! Last week! They have Christmas out already! LOL! The snowman head was made by layering a scallop circle and 2 smaller circles that I cut on my Cricut. Then I stamped the face with a Peachy Keen face and mounted it to the center on 3 pop dots. I hand cut the banner and stamped the sentiment.
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll play along. Don't forget to check out what the rest of the DT has created! Have a great day!
SUPPLIES
My Craft Spot- Tiny Tags 2
Peachy Keen- Winter Face Assortment
Cricut- Plantin School Book

5 comments:

Kate said...

This is so incredibly sweet, GiGi! I love the happy face in the centre of your fabulous bow! What a fantastic gift box!!

Adrian said...

Wow awesome job!

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute gift box and bow! Lee-Ann :)

Cindy Beland said...

AWESOME looking gift box Gigi!that bow is just too STINKIN' CUTE with that sweet PK face,LOVE the cute idea!hope you had a great weekend my sweet friend!!!:)

Anonymous said...

Great gift box. The snowman is adorable. TFS.
dmcardmaker (at aol dot com)
(email follower)