Wednesday, March 13, 2013

April Showers





Hello everyone! It's my day to post over at My Craft Spot and I have this fun card to share with you. I used My Craft Spot's Butterfly Kisses stamp set for that wonderful sentiment.
The scene I created for this card is a combination of 2 cutting files. I used the SVG Cutting Files Building A Snowman cut for the girl and Miss Kates Cuttables Rainy Day Bird for the water, clouds, and umbrella. 
After I cut the girl out, I trimmed off all of the snow and her scarf. I also added some punched circles to her shirt to make it look like a raincoat. I stamped her face with a Peachy Keen Wide Eyed Kids face and added some twine to her pigtails. 
I did some inking on the cloud and water and used a white gel pen for the highlights. To finish, I mounted the umbrella on pop dots and I stamped the sentiment from My Craft Spot's Butterfly Kisses stamp set. 
I am going to enter this into the SVG Cutting Files February Pastel Challenge
I hope you all like my card and thanks for stopping in! Have a wonderful day!

SUPPLIES
My Craft Spot- Butterfly Kisses stamp set and Blueberry Trendy Twine
Peachy Keen- Wide Eyed Kids Faces
SVG Cutting Files- Building A Snowman
Miss Kate's Cuttables- Rainy Day Bird

8 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Just adorable...love that cut...so sweet!! Lee-Ann :)

Pam said...

This is such a sweet little card!
pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Complete and total sweetness! Love that darling little image and that adorable little face!

Jessica said...

Beautiful card Gigi. Don't forget to use the cricut, haha

Cindy Beland said...

OMG Gigi,this card is soooo STINKIN' ADORABLE!!!SUPER job with it,I just LOVE your sweet little girl,TOO CUTE!!!!:)

Michelle said...

WOW girl this is soooo freaking adorable !!!! Such an awesome job she is a doll !!! thanks so much for joining in the SVG Cutting files challenge this month !!

Michelle ~ DT
www.scrappinwithmybug.com

Kathy Salido said...

This card is so adorable!! I love how you adapted the image to suit your theme. With all the adorable projects you have been posting, I am serioulsy thinking of putting a Silouette on my birthday wish list!! Do you have the Cameo or the Portrait??

Unknown said...

Aww Gigi, you make the sweetest of cards! I must try and get over to you more often, for inspiration and to drink in your creativity!
Hugs Viv xxx