Friday, July 19, 2013

Peachy Keen Money/Gift Card Holder Challenge and Tutorial


Hello everyone and Happy Friday! Today I wanted to share the project that I made for Peachy Keen's challenge this week. I am also going to include a simple tutorial for how I created this. 

This week the challenge is Just Cards- "Show Me The Money" or gift cards
 THE CHALLENGE
Create a card that incorporates a gift card holder or money slot!
We'll be awarding "TOP PEACH" to the player who uses their Peachy Keen Stamps this week and  our two runner ups will receive a spiffy badge to display on their blog!
Guidelines:
- Design must be new
- Link up by 7/24 - 11:59 pm EST




I created this envelope style card/gift card holder. 

You will need to cut a 2 3/4 inch X 8 1/2 inch piece of cardstock. With the long side up, score at 1 1/2 and 5 1/2. I also used a oval punch to punch part of a circle out of short end and rounded the corners on the flap. 


 I cut my DP paper 1/8 inch small than the panels and sewed them on with my sewing machine. I also added some sticky velcro dots that were cut in half for the closure on the pocket flap. I glued it down the sides with sticky strip and folded it up. Now you're ready to decorate!

I stamped and paper pieced the chick using Peachy Keen's April 2013 SOTM kit. I stamped the legs directly onto the mat and pop dotted the chick's body. I added some buttons and twine to the flap and stamped the sentiment using Peachy Keen's Honey Sentiments.

I hope you all enjoyed seeing my project today and will play along in the challenge.
 Have a great weekend!



9 comments:

Bobby said...

This is really cute, Gigi. I love the way you sewed the papers on.

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable!!

Pam said...

This is darling!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Adorable Gigi! Your creations are always over the top, girl! I love the sweet chickie! Super cute stamps that you used!
TFS!
Sherrie K

Cassandra said...

What a cute little chickie! Gonna have to steal this gift card idea :)

Migdalia said...

Adorable Chick and Super Cute Holder!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog)♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Kathy Salido said...

Super sweet!! Love that little birdie and the papers you used are great. Thanks for the how to!!

Gwen said...

This turned out so cute I just love it!

Cindy Beland said...

AWESOME job with your sweet gift card hold Gigi, it is just TOO CUTE my friend!!!:)