Saturday, February 22, 2014

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess

Hello everyone! Did you know that Dr. Suess's Birthday is coming up? Well, I have a card to share in honor of his birthday. AND this is a FREE file from SVG Cutting Files! Make sure you're a member of the SVG Cutting Files Facebook Galleria and head on over there to get some really cool files to celebrate Dr. Suess's Birthday!

I HAD to make this card! I think that I read this book at LEAST 2 times a day for several years. It happens to be one of my son's favorite books when he was little. 



I cut the card base using the Arched Card 2 Base from SVG Cutting Files. For the inside blue mat, I printed it and the words using the print and cut feature on my Cameo. I also printed and cut the smaller fish because they were so small and those little pieces would've been really hard to glue together LOL!
I cut the fish in and the fish bowl using the Fish freebie file and outlined all the fish with a black pen. To finish, I added some sequins for added decoration. 

I hope you all like my card and thanks for visiting!
Have a great day!

10 comments:

Mia said...

This card makes me smile. So cute!

snappy scrappy said...

Too darn cute!

Cynthia said...

Hi GiGi, Love how this came out, so adorable...how do I get this file? I was at FB, and in the SVG Cutting Files Galleria, but can't find the files, it does say join group, which I did, but no file, what do I need to do, should I contact Ann? thanks so much, and love your work...

Brenda Lee said...

FUN card! I love Dr. Seuss. Brings back wonderful memories. I love how you used the sequins.

Kathy Salido said...

What a great card Gigi. This is one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books too :)

Migdalia said...

Super DUPER cute & FUN!! love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Jessica Wilson said...

JUST AWESOME! THis looks EXACTLY like the front of the book! YOu did an AWESOME job!!!!

dawnmercedes said...

ooh lala...love this card...perfect colors and images!

scrapn said...

Thank you! This is really cute!

Kate said...

Awesome Card.